Subject: Re: NetBSD-based repeater
To: Patrick Welche <>
From: Chris Jones <>
List: tech-net
Date: 02/09/1999 10:33:35

PW> The plan is to run ipnat to translate your eg. 10.0.0.x internal
PW> network to "real" ipnumbers, and arp ... pub to publish those real
PW> ipnumbers as your firewall outside ether-addr.

Okay, so what do I do about services like FLEXlm, which we use to run
matlab?  Our license server is in another building.  I haven't
verified this, but I'll bet that running FLEXlm packets through ipnat
will mangle them.

Yeah, I guess that suggestion will work for most services, but I'm
betting it'll break *something*.  I'll fall back to that solution if I
can't get something like a repeater working.

Chris Jones
           Mad scientist at large