Subject: the 5th announcement of KAME stable release
To: None <email@example.com>
From: Kazu Yamamoto (=?iso-2022-jp?B?GyRCOzNLXE9CSScbKEI=?=) <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 02/05/1999 23:30:10
Hi, NetBSD guys,
As usual, KAME Project has released "stable" packages of IPv6/IPsec
network code for FreeBSD 2.2.8, NetBSD 1.3.3, and BSD/OS 3.1.
These packages are free of charge but absolutely no warranty. They are
avaiable from the following web site:
Here is a summary of the differences between KAME stable 19981130 and
- ATM PVC pseudo device support for NetBSD
- ALTQ 1.1.3 support
- if_xl.c(FreeBSD 2.2.8) update
- ND6 works properly as expected.
- bug fix of preventing non-link local multicast packets receipt
- introduced IPv6 only protosw, and backout KAME changes to sys/protosw.h
- changed *_input() return value from IPPROTO_NONE to IPPROTO_DONE.
(this fix mbuf leak bug at receiving a packet with "no next header")
- setsockopt(IPV6_CHECSUM) was stabilized.
- changed the member name of sockaddr_strage as bsd-api-new-05
- removed confilict of KMALLOC/KFREE macro between ipsec and ip filter
- telnet supports source route for both IPv4 and IPv6: (@gw1@gw2@dest).
- many bug fixes and enhancements of bgpd
- rewrote tcp_relay() of faithd(for more stability)
- kame-send-pr is provieded for submitting KAME problems
- kit/src is confirmed or patched to work on FreeBSD 3.0
- "bind8" is ready to talk IPv6.
- "apache13" was updated to use new patch which fixed args for freeaddrinfo().
- upgraded many ports' base version
- ports tcptrace support
- ports wbd support(multicast shared whiteboard)
- pkgsrc support for NetBSD, many pkgsrc added to NetBSD
- NetBSD ftp, ftpd EPRT/EPSV support
- altq package support for NetBSD