Subject: Re: ip_flow.c
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/31/1999 23:18:01
On Sat, Jan 30, 1999 at 02:27:51PM -0500, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au> writes:
> > Or on the other hand, how many people (besides Perry) would actually
> > enable checksumming on hosts doing gatewaying for packets being forwarded
> > given the pros and cons as discussed to date ?
>
> It's also needed for debugging. One might find circumstances that
> cause it to be important...

So make it a compile-time option.  Doing the check of whether to do the
checksum is likely to be at least as expensive as doing the checksum;
people should be able to select to do neither, which is handled just
fine with a config file options and a few #ifdefs.

	"And where do all these highways go, now that we are free?"