Subject: Re: ip_flow.c
To: None <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/29/1999 18:46:57
Hi,

seeing the quotes from RFC1812 and the discussion, I must say
that the existence of vendors who knowingly violate the RFC is
not a particularly compelling argument for NetBSD doing the same.

I can't speak to the status of RFC1812 (and I'm not on-line at
the moment, so I can't easily check), but I would be surprised if
it would fall into the general category of "not a standard, but a
recommendation for your information".

Thus, I'll concur with both Jonathan and Kevin on this one -- we
should be doing the right thing, which is to implement according
to the specification.

- H=E5vard