Subject: Re: portmapper warnings
To: None <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@most.weird.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/27/1999 12:14:45
[ On Wed, January 27, 1999 at 11:27:55 (+0100), drochner@zel459.zel.kfa-juelich.de wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: portmapper warnings
>
> The (my) fix doesn't change libwrap itself, only the way
> portmap uses it.
> There are some changes to the library itself (RBL lookup -
> what's that? - from Greg A. Woods); I don't know whether
> this was submitted back.

Yup, Wietse has my changes (and has had them for several months).  As
far as I know he's not going to generate a new release of TCP Wrappers
any time soon, if ever (I've not seen him express any interest in doing
so in any forum that I subscribe to).  The code he has written to do
this kind of thing in Postfix is I think vastly superior to the old
code (though I've not yet analyzed it in isolation to see if its API
would be better or not).

--
							Greg A. Woods