Subject: Re: IP Tunneling I think ?
To: None <>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/26/1999 13:45:43 (Heiko W.Rupp) writes:
> I was hoping, that we
> a) integrate IPsec soon
> b) find a way to actually distribute crypto things in our tree for all.

As a foot-in-the-door would it be possible to supply ipsec minus the
crypto?  Eg. deliver authentication options but no privacy options.

I assume that a good ipsec implementation is already table-driven with
different ipsec options dispatching to indirect functions that do the
real work.

I just read in EE Times that M$ is going to ship win2000 with ipsec.
If they do enough good stuff like that, I may find myself cheering
them on yet.  (That announcement comes right on the heals of an
announcement from M$ that they are going to support 9k Byte ethernet
packets, and they are building up a coalition to support that at the
hardware level.  Go Bill Go!)

       Wolfgang Rupprecht <>
Get DGPS signals over IP.