Subject: Re: IP Tunneling I think ?
To: None <>
From: Randy Devol <>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/26/1999 08:21:29
At 06:21 AM 1/26/99 +0200, Lucio de Re wrote:
>According to Perry E. Metzger:
>> PPTP is an abortion. I don't know that we *should* support it.
>Give or take the _feasibility_ of suppporting it, there is no better
>way to prove that it _is_ an abortion.

Does NetBSD provide any way to create a secure Virtual Private Network?
Even if it is only supported between NetBSD-based machines, I am interested
in knowing the options.

BTW, for those of you who are interested, the press release at says analysis found no flaws in the
protocol itself, only in the Microsoft implementation of it.  Maybe the
protocol is not the problem. :-)

-=O=- Randy

In "A Scanner Darkly," was Philip K. Dick foreshadowing Web commerce:
"Someday, he thought, it'll be mandatory that we all sell the McDonald's
hamburger as well as buy it; we'll sell it back and forth to each other
forever from our living rooms."