Subject: Re: portmapper warnings
To: Jim Wise <>
From: None <>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/26/1999 16:32:12 said:
> Yes, RQ_FILE is necessary for more than I thought it was

sock_host() complained about this - yes. But it appears to me that
the file descriptor isn't really needed anymore at this point -
it is used by sock_host() to get the peer address, but this was
already delivered by the RPC code, so there shouldn't be much
need to grovel in the RPC internals for the fd.

There is a strange assymmetry (or a bug?) within the
wrap library that sock_methods() is only applied within
sock_host() - this would be better done from request_init()
or request_set() imho to eliminate the need to call an
undocumented interface. (Otoh, sock_host() is not mentioned
in the manpace either...)

The current fix was reported to work by Andreas Wrede, so
I'd leave it as is as long no case shows up where it
I believe to remember that libwrap is going to be cleaned
up anyway - let's hope it gets a sane interface now...

best regards