Subject: KAME STABLE kit for NetBSD 1.3.2
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Jun-ichiro itojun Itoh <itojun@itojun.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 12/03/1998 15:38:40
	Hello, this is Jun-ichiro Itoh of KAME project.
	We've released our IPv6/IPsec kit for NetBSD 1.3.2, FreeBSD
	2.2.7 and BSDI BSD/OS 3.1.

	This is our release called "STABLE".  STABLE is bi-monthly
	"documented" release.  We also have weekly SNAP release and
	cvsup access as well.

itojun@kame.net
jun-ichiro itoh

---
FreeBSD 2.2.7, BSD/OS 3.1, and NetBSD 1.3.2 . The kits
are available from:
	http://www.kame.net/

Summary of the differences from the previous release is enclosed
below.

Enjoy!

--Kazu, KAME Project

---From Here
<<IPv4>>

- Introduced loop prevention mechanism for gif input and output.

<<IPv6>>

- Implemented kernel level multicast forwarding with PIM.
- Introduced loop prevention mechanism for gif input and output.
- Implemented kernel level prefix renumbering mechanism and its API for
  the "rrenumd" daemon and the "prefix" command.
- Gif tunnel IPv6 support as outer encapsulation. (was not possible)
- Gif tunnel extension for multiple destination.
  (contributed by dwiggins@bbn.com)
- Neighbor discovery code was stabilized.
- ICMPv6 redirect is now working properly.

<<IPv6 API>>

<<IPsec>>

- IPv4 IPsec (both transport and tunnel) was stabilized very much.
- IPsec tunnel now handles path MTU and TCP MSS properly.
- IPv4 options are now properly handled by IPsec code.
- Most of the ESP/AH algorithms is now confirmed to be interoperable with
  other implementations.
- The "racoon" IKE daemon was updated for better interoperability.
- Statistics is now properly gathered.

<<Userland>>

- Implemented "pim6dd", a daemon of PIMv2 dense mode for IPv6, to support
  IPv6 multicast routing.
- IPv6 hostname with AAAA record, or numarical IPv6 address escaped by [  ],
  is supported as proxy server specification for mozilla.
- Implemented the "prefix" command for prefix assignment and renumbering
  inside a node.
- Implemented the "rrenumd" daemon for sending router renumbering messages.
- Enhanced the "rtadvd" daemon for receiving router renumbering messages
  and renumbering pre-assigned prefixes.
- Resolver was updated to keep binary compatibility with existing
  implementations.  Namely, struct _res is now kept unchanged from original
  bind distribution.
- EPSV/EPRT support for FAITH TCP translator.
- "tcpdump" is now able to chase IPv6 header chain and to analyze IPsec
  related packets.
- IPv6-ready logwtmp() and skeyaccess() is now supplied (FreeBSD only).

<<Others>>

- Copyright notice was changed.  We are now using 3-clause BSD copyright.
- New ports: "apache13", "gated" ("apache" is renamed to "apache12")
- "lynx" security hole fix included into the IPv6-ready ports directory.
  (this is a problem with the original "lynx", not the IPv6 patch)
- KAME on NetBSD-pmax is now confirmed to work.
---To Here