Subject: Wireless LAN and NetBSD?
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@mediaone.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/24/1998 13:11:34
In the recent discussion on strong end-systems, someone made a comment about
wireless LANs that got me thinking it would be real nice to set up a wireless
LAN at home so I could roam with my laptop (the house is a royal pain to run
cable in, and I'd rather not put a jack in every room either).

Is anyone doing this at LAN speeds (I know metricom could do this at modem
speeds, but I'd like at least .5Mbps) on NetBSD?? If so, what hardware are
you using, are there driver/docs available, and (if you care to share) what
is the approximate price point of the system for a small 2 or 3 node system
with possible ethernet uplink.

(I know linux has drivers for a few wireless cards, and I looked that the
 ones that are supported but haven't found any, even approximate pricing
 information)

Thanks for any info!
--rafal

----