Subject: Re: making our tcp/ip a strong-end system
To: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
From: Andrew Brown <twofsonet@graffiti.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/18/1998 10:50:10
>	my `router' has four interfaces:
>
>		- ep0, connected to MediaOne as a `host'
>		- ex0, connected to my home ethernet
>		- wl0, connected to my home wireless net
>		- ppp0, a tunnel endpoint.
>			(for a PPP-over-SSH tunnel to my employer's net,
>			 which goes out over ep0...)
>
>	ep0 should be a `strong host' interface; i don't want someone
>	to be able to forge traffic into my home LANs just because
>	they know the external address of my router..

ep0 should not be a "strong host" interface (at least according to my
understanding of the definition that's evolved here), but instead a
"strong router" interface.  and the stuff that you want to block
should probably be filtered...

...oh wait.  you're using a cable modem with nat, right?

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|