Subject: Re: bridged interfaces? (for ipfilter)
To: Danny Thomas <D.Thomas@vthrc.uq.edu.au>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 09/08/1998 14:14:41
On Mon, 7 Sep 1998, Danny Thomas wrote:

> PS one reason for the bridge approach, which I haven't checked in the docs,
> is we'd like AppleTalk to pass through. Another reason, is that at least
> for now we won't have a replacement bridge, so if there's a problem, the
> people just want to be able to bypass it.

	Due to a difference of opinion between ourselves and corporate IT
	we run an old P133 with ipfilter and netatalk as a filtering
	gateway (We think they should be able to configure their network
	not to cause ours problems, but as they believe otherwise we have
	ended up 'defending' ourselves)

	If you're prepared to accept routing for IP and appletalk
	(We're much happier with it), it works really well :)

		David/absolute

                  -=-  and team B will be... Kenny.  -=-