Subject: Re: kern/5901: ppp fast queue too fast
To: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
From: Francis Dupont <Francis.Dupont@inria.fr>
List: tech-net
Date: 08/03/1998 22:12:53
 In your previous mail you wrote:

   in some web browsing doing some research on RED and the like, I found
   a pointer to the following:

      http://www.csl.sony.co.jp/person/kjc/programs.html

   .. which appears to be an implementation of a number of .. more subtle
   .. queue management algorithms for FreeBSD.  should be fairly
   straightforward to port into NetBSD..

=> I use the ALTQ package (the name of the beast) in my IPv6 stuff
which runs on both FreeBSD and NetBSD then I can confirm it is easy
to port.

Regards

Francis.Dupont@inria.fr

PS: please answer directly to me (or to ipv6-bsd-core@imag.fr for IPv6
question) because I have some mail autorefilers and only one mail
can go through from time to time like this one...
PPS: the standard ALTQ tests give rather bad results on my NetBSD SS2,
I believe the problem is the SS2 is far too slow but if someone can
set my mind at rest before I'll get a faster SS20 in some weeks ?)