Subject: Foward: the first release of KAME IPv6/IPsec package
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Takahiro Kambe <taca@sky.yamashina.kyoto.jp>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/14/1998 14:26:02
----Next_Part(Sun_Jun_14_14:25:43_1998_731)--

This isn't the newest news, but someone would be interested in.
I'm trying to porting to current.

--
Takahiro Kambe <taca@sky.yamashina.kyoto.jp>

----Next_Part(Sun_Jun_14_14:25:43_1998_731)--

To: wide@wide.ad.jp
Subject: the first release of KAME IPv6/IPsec package
From: Kazu Yamamoto (=?iso-2022-jp?B?GyRCOzNLXE9CSScbKEI=?=) <kazu@iijlab.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 00:15:46 +0900

----Next_Part(Tue_Jun__2_00:13:09_1998_601)--

Hello IPv6 enthusiasts,

"KAME Project" is a joint effort of Fujitsu Limited, Hitachi, Ltd.,
IIJ Research Laboratory, NEC Corporation, Toshiba Corporation,
Yokogawa Digital Computer Corporation, and Yokogawa Electric
Corporation to create IPv6/IPsec stacks. It started in April 1998 and
will be a two-years project (possibly longer).

The stack was originally called "Hydrangea" developed by v6 working
group of WIDE Project. KAME project members are almost the same as the
working group member, but we have chosen this project name along with
stack name to emphasize the goal of this effort is different. We're
now merging protocol stacks individually developed by each compies,
into KAME which is based on Hydrangea.

Currently, we target FreeBSD and BSD/OS but will probably adapt
NetBSD, too. Like other BSD variants, this package is distributed the
BSD "AS IS" style copyright. In short, FREE of charge but with NO
warranty. You can use released packages for academic, research, and/or
commercial purposes.

We release a stable package every other month. This is the first
stable release of KAME Project.

"kame-980531-{fbsd226,bsdi300}-stable.tgz" contains IPv6 basic
features, a lot of IPv6 applications(including TELNET, FTP, RLOGIN,
SSH, Netscape), IPv6 routing daemons, IPv6 over p2p ATM, transport
mode of IPsec, key exchange daemons, IPv4-IPv6 translator, DNS server
which supports both IPv4 and IPv6, etc.

Note: Cryptographic softwares are NOT under export control in Japan if
distributed without any charge. But please note that your country may
have import and/or use control for cryptographic softwares. Before you
retrieve this package, please check your country's export/import
policies before you retrieve package.

If you are interested, please find a download page in following URL:
	http://www.kame.net

To those who prefer FTP, we also enclose FTP external-body in MIME
format.

	// KAME Project