Subject: Re: perhaps time to check our TCP against spec?
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/06/1998 20:23:32
Well, this is hardly the result I was hoping for.

Gentlemen, I would like to invite you both to dinner somewhere in Palo Alto
or Mountain View this week so that we can endeavor to engender some
collegial feelings and respect for each other, instead of always assuming
the worst motives. Long experience with USENET taught me a long time ago
that a face to face meeting helps improve the tenor of electronic
collaboration immensely.

I really doubt that either of you have bad or evil (or even indifferent!)
goals for the project. That would be inconsistent with the efforts you've
both put into it.

Is it possible for you both to spare part of an evening?

	Erik <fair@clock.org>