Subject: Re: IPv6/IPng on NetBSD
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG, tech-net@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christian Kuhtz <chk@eng.bellsouth.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/03/1998 14:53:39
Thanks to Perry, Jason & Francis!...

> > for NetBSD (specifically NetBSD/sparc) is.  I know that inria.fr has a stack
> > that will run under recent FreeBSD code,
>
> It also runs on NetBSD.

Excellent.

> In fact, it will probably soon be the official NetBSD IPv6 stack,
> albeit with some serious modification.

I would like to offer my help in making that happen, since I have some
official backing for such efforts.  Can I find out more about what the "serious
modifications" are?  Who is actively involved in that effort?

> My code runs both on FreeBSD 2.2.5 (soon 2.2.6) and NetBSD 1.3 (on Sparcs
> but there are unsupported things for PCs). It should be included in
> the standard NetBSD in the future.

Should I be going straight for NetBSD/sparc 1.3.1 if I am building an SS5 from
scratch with the intention of actively participating in the IPv6 stack
integration, dev and testing?

Cheers,
Chris

--