Subject: Re: IPv6?
To: Jun-ichiro itojun Itoh <>
From: Michael C. Richardson <>
List: tech-net
Date: 03/23/1998 21:56:36

    >> Anyone considering integrating the IPv6 stuff from INRIA?
    >> (

    Jun-ichiro> 	I'm planning of integrating WIDE IPv6 stack.

  Good! That is of non-US origin. May I assume you are a non-US citizen
working outside of the US?

  Now that I have lots of cable modem bandwidth, I am considering setting up
a non-US CVS/SUP tree for network security code.
  How does this sound: have a directory, "international" that has all code
of non-US origin that is stored outside the US. "international" would
not be available from US-based FTP/CVS/SUP servers.
  I can't quite think of a way to overlay sys/netinet code though. Maybe
	#include "../../international/sys/netinet/in.h"

  on any files that get replaced by crypto versions?

  Yes, this introduces a maintenance nightmare.

   :!mcr!:            |  Sandelman Software Works Corporation, Ottawa, ON
   Michael Richardson |Network and security consulting and contract programming
 Personal: PGP key available.