Subject: Applications based on ISO OSI stack
To: 'NetBSD_Networking' <tech-net@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Manish Apte <>
List: tech-net
Date: 02/25/1998 13:34:33

I have configured two NetBSD v1.3 machines in TCP/IP as well as OSI =
topology (I have assigned different NSAP addresses (along with IP =
addresses) to both the machines using 'ifconfig' command's 'iso' =

I need to know if there are any applications (available either with the =
NetBSD distribution or somewhere on the Internet) which use the OSI =
stack similar to applications such as FTP, Telnet which use TCP/IP =
stack. In short I need applications which implement OSI 'Application' =
layer protocols such as FTAM, VT, HMS etc.

Is there an application like 'ping' available for the OSI stack.

By running such OSI stack related applications, I want to see if the =
machines configured in the OSI topology above are really networked =
together (this will also verify if my NSAP addresses are correct or =

Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Manish Apte