Subject: Problem with 100baseTX de
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Eduardo Takahashi <takahasi+@cs.cmu.edu>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/20/1998 12:58:10
Hi all,

We're having trouble with bidirectional traffic going between two
machines connected with a 100baseTX link (znyx quadport adaptor).
Somehow lots of packets are lost when packets go both ways. No
problems are observed when traffic is only in one direction, or
when one of the machines uses a diferent adaptor (tu driver).

ifconfig shows something like this on both sides:

de0: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,NOTRAILERS,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST>
      address: 00:c0:95:e1:1c:d0
      media: 100baseTX status: active
 supported media: autoselect 100baseTX 10baseT/UTP
       inet 192.179.74.2 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 192.179.74.255

We're running NetBSD 1.2D still. Has anyone seen something like
this?

Thanks,

-Eduardo