Subject: Re: Multicast ethernet question
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/02/1997 23:20:15
On Sun, 2 Nov 1997, Jonathan Stone wrote:
> Add multicast support.  For a dumb braindead implementation, do
> ether_addmulti() and ether_delmulti() at the appropriate points, and
> multicast address ioctls, just enable reception of *all* multicasts
> addresses iff ec_multicnt is nonzero.  But you don't even need to
> *look* unless ether_{add,del}multi returns ENTERESET.

Yeah, I'm planning on adding multicast support, but was wondering what I
should do until I actually implement it. I didn't realize it was that
simple to implement though. Cool :)

> Just steal the lance code that already does the computation of the
> Ethernet CRC for exactly the same reason.  see am7990_setfadrf().

Ah, great! Thanks for the pointer...

And thanks to all of you for helping me get my driver working... it's
working really well so far; much better than I expected :)