Subject: Re: first TCP port used
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
From: Ari Rubenstein <arubenstein@staff.portal.ca>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/06/1997 00:17:03
On Sun, 5 Oct 1997, Curt Sampson wrote:

> On Sun, 5 Oct 1997, Michael C. Richardson wrote:
>
> >   I have been testing kernels over the weekend, and sometimes my
> > compile/reboo test box cycle is so fast that I wind up reusing a
> > previous TCP port.
>
> Yes, this happens to me on a regular basis when a machine crashes,
> or something like that. My first few ssh sessions to other machines
> I was talking to before don't work because the old ones aren't dead
> yet.

Perhaps 'quiet time' should be implemented now that machines can actually
boot fast enough to cause this.  :-)

- Ari

 Ari Rubenstein				Internet Portal Services

 arubenstein@staff.portal.ca		phone:	(604) 257-9400
					fax:	(604) 257-9401

  Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced
  across the grassy field toward each other like two freight
   trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36pm traveling at
  55mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19pm at a speed of 35mph.