Subject: Re: first TCP port used
To: Michael C. Richardson <>
From: Curt Sampson <>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/05/1997 17:27:13
On Sun, 5 Oct 1997, Michael C. Richardson wrote:

>   I have been testing kernels over the weekend, and sometimes my
> compile/reboo test box cycle is so fast that I wind up reusing a
> previous TCP port.

Yes, this happens to me on a regular basis when a machine crashes,
or something like that. My first few ssh sessions to other machines
I was talking to before don't work because the old ones aren't dead

Curt Sampson	   Info at
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite myst, software reverberates