Subject: Re: pcb?
To: Tony Tam <ttam@nortel.ca>
From: Andrew Brown <codewarrior@daemon.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/01/1997 15:56:17
>What is pcb?

protocol control block.  i think.  :)

>I've been examining the code in sys/netinet/tcp_input.c and keep coming
>across pcb, like the findpcb function that locates pcb in a segment.
>What is it?

i've played around in there too, but not much.  findpcb() will (i
believe) look over the appropriate list of pcb's for a pcb that
matches the current segment (ie, src and dst addr, src and dest port).
it finds a pcb.

>By the way, is there a newsgroup for this, I hate to bug everyone on a
>mailing list.

there probably is.  i would suggest that comp.protocols.tcp-ip et al,
are probably the closest to what you're looking for.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
andrew@echonyc.com (TheMan)        * "ah!  i see you have the internet