Subject: Re: erroneous ack packet, ideas please?
To: Duncan McEwan <duncan@MCS.VUW.AC.NZ>
From: Andrew Brown <codewarrior@daemon.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 07/17/1997 22:53:30
>> >Why ioctl() ?? Have a look at man accept(2).
>>
>> i have looked, and i've decided that it doesn't seem to do what i want.
>> i saw the following two paragraphs...
>
>I think Stefan's point was not that the facility already existed, but that the
>interface existed (for iso sockets) and therefore the "right" solution would be
>to extend that interface to apply to ip sockets, rather than invent a new ioctl
>to do the job.  If my interpretation was wrong, just ignore me :-)

your interpretation is probably not wrong, but i just want you to
understand what it is that i'm trying to accomplish.  :)

and it is my (possible incorrect) understanding that the iso handling
of sockets is different enough to support this as a feature of general
use.  "eager listeners" is not "normal" tcp/ip.  i'm sort of mucking
with the tcp fsm in order to accomplish my evil goals...  :]

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
andrew@echonyc.com (TheMan)        * "ah!  i see you have the internet