Subject: Re: erroneous ack packet, ideas please?
To: None <>
From: Andrew Brown <>
List: tech-net
Date: 07/10/1997 17:19:25
>> solaris 2.3 and 2.4 had something called tcp_eager_listeners which was
>> (i believe) implemented as a system-wide setting to affect tcp
>> connections.  what it did was cause the accept() call to return after
>> receipt of the initial syn packet, not after the entire three-way
>> handshake had completed.
>Great. That will make SYN attacks even more effective at crippling

well...even if you put it in your kernel, you wouldn't have to use it,
would you?

besides, maybe it's not for everyone (certainly not you, it would
seem).  i just thought it would be fun to do, that's all.  can you
blame me for wanting to learn and experiment?

|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----| (TheMan)        * "ah!  i see you have the internet                               that goes *ping*!"      * "information is power -- share the wealth."