Subject: Re: erroneous ack packet, ideas please?
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Andrew Brown <codewarrior@daemon.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 07/10/1997 17:19:25
>> solaris 2.3 and 2.4 had something called tcp_eager_listeners which was
>> (i believe) implemented as a system-wide setting to affect tcp
>> connections.  what it did was cause the accept() call to return after
>> receipt of the initial syn packet, not after the entire three-way
>> handshake had completed.
>
>Great. That will make SYN attacks even more effective at crippling
>machines.

:P

well...even if you put it in your kernel, you wouldn't have to use it,
would you?

besides, maybe it's not for everyone (certainly not you, it would
seem).  i just thought it would be fun to do, that's all.  can you
blame me for wanting to learn and experiment?

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
andrew@echonyc.com (TheMan)        * "ah!  i see you have the internet