Subject: Re: Your proposed changes to route flush/route flushall
To: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.medford.ma.us>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@lkg.dec.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 02/20/1997 20:16:11
At 03:37 PM 2/20/97 GMT, Bill Sommerfeld wrote:
>Greg Hudson recently opened NetBSD PR#3227, with some changes from you
>which added a "flushall" command to `route', and changed the behavor
>of `route flush' to also delete routes flagged with RTM_STATIC and
>RTM_LLINFO.

>	3) have the kernel ioctl(x, SIOCDIFADDR, a)
>	   delete the matching RTM_LLINFO entries..

I'd do like to modify that a bit.  I'd like to walk to routing tree and
delete any route pointing to ifaddr struct being deleted.  This should
be a standard routine:

	void rt_pruneifaddr(struct ifaddr *ifa);

3am Software Foundry      WWW URL:
http://www.3am-software.com/bio/matt.html
Westford, MA              Disclaimer: I disavow all knowledge of this message