Subject: Re: Q's from localtalk efforts
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-net
Date: 02/18/1997 07:57:43
> One last question, eventually it'll be nice to add Appletalk tunnels.
> Would it be better (preferable) to clone the tun interface into
> something like the "atun" interface, or to let the tun interface
> accept AppleTalk address to.  Or for the tun interface to have a
> mechanism to specify which address families it supports.

The last, I think.  I've rewritten much of the tun driver, and among
other things made it capable of handling multiple address families.
Only a little of this has made it back into the tree, probably largely
because I did a special device with a text interface rather than a slew
of new ioctl()s as the interface to frobbing options.

Perhaps I should just sit down with -current's tun driver and put in
some of the things it more desperately needs, like address family
tagging and address prepending.

					der Mouse