Subject: Re: POP3 and Sendmail thanks!
To: Nick Loman <>
From: David Brownlee <>
List: tech-net
Date: 02/03/1997 20:52:44
On Mon, 3 Feb 1997, Nick Loman wrote:

> Many thanks for all your help on my SENDMAIL problem!
> I had some kind of hacker attack last Thursday which succeeded in hosing my
> spwd.db file and filling up my hard drive with wAreZ. As a result I'd like
> to get a lot more logging on my TCP services.
> Can anyone suggest a:
>  - good POP3 client which logs transactions in a detailed fashion

	client or server?

>  - useful tcpwrapper that they've had success with (which supports logging)

	-current has libwrap built in - plus some security holes fixed.

>  - foolproof ftpd (I presume wuftpd but perhaps not?)

	I thought that at least -current ftpd was ok...

		David/abs	david@{,,}

System Manager: Southern Studios Ltd, PO Box 59, London N22 1AR.
Satisfied User: NetBSD, free Un*x {i386,sparc,mac68k,+more} ''.
  System Admin: MHM Internet, 14 Barley Mow Passage, Chiswick, London W4 4PH.
         SysOP: Monochrome, Largest UK Internet BBS - 'telnet'.