Subject: Re: Sendmail and duplicate mail addresses
To: Nick Loman <>
From: David Brownlee <>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/28/1997 11:42:54
On Mon, 27 Jan 1997, Nick Loman wrote:

> Hey there.
> Is it possible to use an e-mail address "" and
> "" on the same machine with sendmail running on a single IP
> address (with csosl and ccg domains an A record to my NetBSD box) ?
	No problem:
	Either edit /etc/ and chnage the 'Cw' line to read:
	or do something similar in your .mc file (if youre doing anything
	non trivial, any sane person will go into src/usr.sbin/sendmail/cf
	and use a .mc file to generate their .cf

	Quick check is to 'mail -v addr' to see what sendmail thinks
	afterwards. Remember to restart the sendmail daemon to pick
	up the changes for incoming mail.

> Also- how can I use long email addresses, e.g. "Nick.Loman" with the NetBSD
> password file?
	Rewriting outgoing mail, or just aliases for incoming?
	Incoming aliases:
	edit /etc/aliases and add lines of the form
		from:	to
	(to can be an external address, ie
		anne:	a.n.other@somwhere.else
	The run 'newaliases'.

	Rewriting outgoing mail is more fun - never wanted to do it
	myself, but I'm sure someone else who has can help?

> Thanks in advance- if this is the wrong mailing list to ask sendmail
> specific questions in then could someone direct me to somewhere more
> appropriate?

	Probably a specific sendmail list or newsgroup would be better,
	or netbsd-help if you want to be asking netbsd people :)

		David/abs	david@{,,}

System Manager: Southern Studios Ltd, PO Box 59, London N22 1AR.
Satisfied User: NetBSD, free Un*x {i386,sparc,mac68k,+more} ''.
  System Admin: MHM Internet, 14 Barley Mow Passage, Chiswick, London W4 4PH.
         SysOP: Monochrome, Largest UK Internet BBS - 'telnet'.