Subject: Re: Sendmail and duplicate mail addresses
To: Nick Loman <nick@csosl.co.uk>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/27/1997 15:03:45
On Mon, 27 Jan 1997 22:25:41 +0000
 Nick Loman <nick@csosl.co.uk> wrote:

 > Is it possible to use an e-mail address "info@csosl.co.uk" and
 > "info@ccg.co.uk" on the same machine with sendmail running on a single IP
 > address (with csosl and ccg domains an A record to my NetBSD box) ?

...I don't know how to do this (I'm sure it's possible with sendmail
rule hackery), but...

 > Also- how can I use long email addresses, e.g. "Nick.Loman" with the NetBSD
 > password file?

...There's a "user db" feature... I don't know how to use it, but
I know it's there... (I don't do any sendmail magic, really... just
hub all my mail in one place :-)

 > Thanks in advance- if this is the wrong mailing list to ask sendmail
 > specific questions in then could someone direct me to somewhere more
 > appropriate?

You might check out http://www.sendmail.org/  It has some useful pointers
there... (Specifically, pointers to places that might Really Know the
answers you're looking for :-)