Subject: AHA-1542 CF
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG, tech-net@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Olaf Schroeder <olaf@digirule.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 12/18/1996 13:18:17
I'm trying to install an Adaptec AHA-1542CF in a 486 that's
already up an running NetBSD with an IDE hard drive.
I installed the card and get the following message at boot.
I've tried with two different SCSI drives and without any drive
and get the same messages.

bt0 at isa0 port 0x330-0x333 irq 11 drq 5bt0:bt_cmd, cmd/data port empty 0
bt0: bt_cmd, cmd/data port empty 0
bt0: bt_cmd, cmd/data port empty 5
:model BT-1 (degree symbol), firmware C.0 (two degree symbols)
bt0: bt_cmd, host not idle (0x20)
bt0: bt_cmd, host not idle (0x20)
bt0: bt_cmd, host not idle (0x20)
bt0: sync, no parity
bt0: bt_cmd, host not idle (0x20)
bt0: targ 1:sync, offset 8, period 550nsec
bt0: bt_cmd, host not idle (0x20)
scsibus0 at bt0

I've check to make sure that I don't have any conflicts
on the IRQs between my com ports, NIC, and the SCSI card.

Do I have a dead 1542?