Subject: Re: proposed kernel change for IP_HDRINCL
To: Kurt J. Lidl <lidl@va.pubnix.com>
From: Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/20/1996 12:17:26
In message <QAA01789.199610182022@arrow.va.pubnix.com> you write:
>Currently, when using setsockopt() with the IP_HDRINCL flag, most
>fields of the IP header are passed into the kernel in network byte
>order, except for the ip_off and ip_len fields.

I think that there should be a standard macro defined in <netinet/ip.h>
that says whether or not this change is in the kernel, so that people
don't have to send themselves a packet to see whether the kernel byte
swaps or not.

Do you have any desire to do anything about raw_input as well?  Various
fields are messed with on the way in, too.

  Bill