Subject: Re: Networking and memory (Was: Re: mb_map full and NMBCLUSTERS)
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Pete Bentley <pete@demon.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 09/09/1996 16:54:00
[tech-net added to CC's]

At 07 Sep 1996 13:56:19 EDT, Michael Graff writes:

>> > Please tell us more.
>>
>> The only changes I made was to put it into a -current kernel.  I made
>> no functional changes, really.

As the originator of that PR, I can verify that we've been using it on
production machines since April with no apparent problems, and with
the result that they no longer 'lose' data mbufs to stale connections.

It would be really nice if someone with access could commit this patch
(checking it against the given "TCP/IP Illustrated" reference if need
be).

Pete.