Subject: Re: ifaliases
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <>
From: Peter Galbavy <>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/27/1996 09:21:35
> The Supreme Being (If It Exists) please travel back in time and tie to
> some eternal rock the stupid person who first had the idea of giving
> each damned companies' WWW advertizement homepage its own,
> distinguishable IP address.
> We have lost. I'll switch back to UUCP.

I am labouring under the hope that the new HTTP 1.1 (or is it 1.2) includes
the ability (when working with browsers that support it) to actually ask
for a full URL type address and let the server work out what should be
replied rather than based on IP addresses. Sadly this will takes year to
filter through...

Peter Galbavy
@ Home                                                 phone://44/973/499465
in Wonderland