Subject: Re: ifaliases
To: None <fair@clock.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/27/1996 09:37:04
   There is a much cheaper and effective way to support multiple IP addresses
   per interface: number and bit mask, e.g.

	   ifconfig le0 ipaddr 192.1.1.16 hostmask 0.0.0.15

   for this example, the host would accept 192.1.1.16 through 192.1.1.31, and
   it would only cost you a mask & compare to implement. Granted, this only
   works for ranges of addresses, but given how cheap this can be, and that
   you can easily assign ranges of addresses on a single network...

The Supreme Being (If It Exists) please travel back in time and tie to
some eternal rock the stupid person who first had the idea of giving
each damned companies' WWW advertizement homepage its own,
distinguishable IP address.

We have lost. I'll switch back to UUCP.

	-i.s.