Subject: Re: critical networking problem
To: None <>
From: Chris G Demetriou <>
List: tech-net
Date: 03/28/1996 23:28:58
> I have noticed that I can reproducably kill tcp connections by sending
> whole ethernet blocks of zeros down them. For example, if I try to
> upload via FTP the file created by the command
> dd if=/dev/zero of=kill2 count=5
> the connection dies, each and every time.

I was not able to duplicate it, between two i386 NetBSD machines or
between an NetBSD/i386 machine and another host, either via 'get' or
'put', from either end...

> Does this problem happen to anyone else?

Not to me.

> Could this be the cause of
> the dying sups people have from

The networking problems that people have seen with have
been pretty well documented, and are _NOT_ related to NetBSD's
networking code in any way.  see the current-users mail archives if
you're interested in finding out about them, rather than simply