Subject: critical networking problem
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 03/28/1996 19:46:51
I have noticed that I can reproducably kill tcp connections by sending
whole ethernet blocks of zeros down them. For example, if I try to
upload via FTP the file created by the command

dd if=/dev/zero of=kill2 count=5

the connection dies, each and every time.

This may have something to do with my ethernet driver (le0 on pci on
i386) or it may be systemic -- I can't tell. I first noticed this bug
a long time ago but it seemed to go away -- now its back. I've tried
many, many different destination hosts and it makes no difference.

Does this problem happen to anyone else? Could this be the cause of
the dying sups people have from sup.netbsd.org?

Perry