Subject: news server
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.ORG>
From: ike (i.b.) yates <ikeyates@bnr.ca>
List: tech-net
Date: 03/25/1996 15:26:00
I've got several types of MAC's in my department. Some of these will probably
go away if I don't find other uses for them. I'm interested in running some
type of unix on them. I've tried to use MacX hosted off hp 700's but it's
barely acceptable. I'd like to know if these mac UNIXes performance is better
then MacX.

Is there news server software(cnews or inn) and a http server
software for any of these Mac ports?

If not, is this just a matter of taking source and with any luck getting it to
compile on the mac?

If it's available, where?

If it's not available, does anyone know anyone trying to port??

I'd like to set up a local news server off the mac.

Thanks, Ike