Subject: Re: tun driver (was: PPP and multicast bits)
To: None <sommerfeld@orchard.medford.ma.us>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: tech-net
Date: 02/03/1996 11:41:20
> There's another bug in the tun driver which I mean to fix some day
> (though I haven't yet looked at the code -- it's probably trivial to
> fix..)

It is. :-)

> Reads on the `tun' device are non-interruptable.. [...] This is a
> real misfeature.

> I would welcome it if someone else beat me to fixing this.. :-)

Be glad, then: I already noticed this and fixed it.  When I'm confident
my modified if_tun.[ch] are stable, I'll send-pr 'em.  Anyone who wants
is welcome to mail me privately asking for a copy, and I'll send the
then-current version....

I also have to write a tun(4) manpage, especially since I've added
significant functionality.

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu