Subject: Re: route add -mtu ...
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: tech-net
Date: 08/10/1995 00:24:04
On Wed, 09 Aug 1995 21:03:45 -0700
 Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov> wrote:

 > It's interesting to note that setting the mtu on the route _works_ on the
 > SGI...

Actually, to follow up on my own message, I just tried this on one of my
NetBSD/sparc machines, and setting the route's mtu works on it, as well.

So, for kicks, I decided to add a static route to the other host on the
i386 without setting the mtu, and I get the same failure in
arpresolve().  "Hmmm..."

This stinks of a byte-order problem, given it failed on a little-endian
machine ... I'll try and look at this closer again tomorrow ... but, I'm
curious if anyone has a suggestion as to where to begin, given this
hypothesis...