Subject: ppp and NetBSD-current
To: None <bernd@arresum.inka.de, paulus@cs.anu.edu.au>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@beverly.rhein.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 03/04/1995 11:04:58
Hello,

Bernd told me about his problems with ppp and -current twice, and
I run into the same one after upgrading the kernel.

(I think I didn't have it with the 1.0 kernel)

down to ~10% of the nominal line capacity. more precisely, after the
first few K have been transferred quite fast, the transfer stops for
lots of minutes.

I guessed some VJ problem, after trying it myself. So a few minutes
ago I tried to transfer the same file I got yesterday with ~100
bytes/s, but started pppd with -vj. I got 1926 bytes/s (V32bis modem with
compression enabled), so I think that is it. Bernd, this is my proposed
workearound for you until the real problem is fixed.

Paul, maybe some structure changed some long to int32t or the other way round
or something, screwing up the VJ code? Can you guess s.th. from the
description?

BTW, I think the compress code is shared with slip... do slip users have
the same problem?

Hm, I should forward this to tech-net...

	Ignatios Souvatzis