Subject: Re: Driver age...
To: None <perry@imsi.com>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@beverly.rhein.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 02/18/1995 11:18:53
Hi Perry et al.,

> As long as its there, do you think it would be worthwhile to add
> support for sun-style autorevarp address configuration from ifconfig?
> (I'm not sure, given that I've never found real use for it on a sun,
> but it might make "boot this and it installs" disks easier to build in
> some environments.

Yes. I badly need this at work.

A guest professor at our department will use an i486-Notebook computer with
NetBSD (1.0 enhanced with Stefan Grevens experimental pcmcia stuff to
support an Ethernet card), basic X11R6, xfig and a TeX installation to
do some work on a joint book project with my boss.

I fear very much that we'll have to give it two IP numbers, now that
we'll install an Ethernet subnet at my bosses place... and I dislike the
idea to give him a script to switch the network configuration himself. A
simple "reconfig net" would be much easier.

Regards,
	Ignatios Souvatzis
	Ignatios Souvatzis