Subject: Re: IP layer security
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/28/1995 21:35:33
>> What, pray tell, does `IP-layer security' *mean*?
> It means that every IP packet (or at least the secure ones :-) is
> encrypted and/or authenticated.

> I'm currently starting a reference implementation of the proposal.

Is it exportable?  Do the drafts require exportability?  Do they
require use of something strong enough to be non-exportable?

> Oh, and by the way -- a random number pool device would be bloody
> useful!

Oh, then perhaps I'll get on it.  I've been sort of idly thinking of
doing such a thing for some time; if it would actually be useful, I'll
try to push it up the queue a bit.

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu