Subject: Re: Sklower radix fixes [Re: GateD 3.5 Alpha 9 availability]
To: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@LAGAVULIN.PDL.CS.CMU.EDU>
From: Ronald Khoo <ronald@cpm.COM.MY>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/23/1995 13:22:10
Chris Demetriou wrote:

[ Regarding the fixes to the radix tree code ]

> apparently, they're some "bug fixes"...
>
> > Are they in -current ?  (CHANGES doesn't mention them, so I guess not)
>
> except talking to a few people who're actually using them, they appear
> to cause more problems than they solve...

Interesting.  I found the fixes on vangogh in /pub/kls/radix-v3.  The
README explains the kind of problems that it addresses and these are
*precisely* the problems that we are having at the moment.  Specifically,
losing routes because of duplicate keys from supernetted routes are a
real problem in the current pre-fix code.

Is there any chance of pointing me at some of the people who're having
problems with them ?  In view of what you say, perhaps I should find out
about their experiences before trying out code on a live network :-(

Thanks for the answer in any case, chris.

--
Me: Ronald Khoo  Food: Roti Chanai  Drink: Tea, weak, milky without sugar
In Malaysia: ronald@cpm.com.my  +60 3   241 5232  Computer Protocol Malaysia