Subject: Anyone interested in porting NetBSD to PowerPC?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org, netbsd-ports@netbsd.org, tech-net@netbsd.org,>
From: Stephen C. Camp <camp@csn.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 12/13/1994 00:46:53
Hello all,

I apologize if I posted this to too many of the NetBSD mailing
lists, it is my first post to them, and I am trying to reach as many
interested people as possible.  Note that I have posted this note to
half a dozen to a dozen USENET groups.  If you saw it there, then
kill this one.

I am trying to convince several PowerPC manufacturers that there is a
(potentially large) market for PowerPC systems in the Internet free
Un*x (Linux / NetBSD etc) community.

So...

Are you interested / would you purchase a PowerPC system if you could
run NetBSD on it?

If so, please e-mail 'camp@csn.net' with 'request PowerPC questionnaire'
as the Subject header.  You do not need a message body, unless you have
questions.  *If* I get flooded with responses, I may not be able to respond
to everyone.  (If that is the case, I'll just muddle trhough the best I
can.)

On the other hand, if there is enough interest, I can post the questionn-
aire to these lists.

I will post summaries of responses on January 8, 1995.  If you want
the summary e-mailed to you, then include the line:

request summary

in the text of your e-mail requesting the questionnaire.

--
steve camp
camp technologies