tech-misc archive

Re: Go on NetBSD needs love

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 09:41:27AM -0700, Brad Fitzpatrick wrote:
> I only identified it as a kernel crash the other day. We had assumed it was
> our bug prior to that.
>
> But many similar looking bugs exist already:
>
> http://gnats.netbsd.org/44402
> http://gnats.netbsd.org/42319
> http://gnats.netbsd.org/52065
> http://gnats.netbsd.org/46224
>
> I don't want to file duplicates.
>
> I would like somebody from NetBSD who knows your process and bug tracker to
> take the lead on filing & nudging bugs as needed.

The problem is that we had no reliable way to trigger them, but you seem
to have something pretty close in your setup.

Even better would be a tiny version of Krister's ghc test case, like a
simple binary to run repeatadly untill it crashes.

Is it always the same test failing for you? Could you provide the amd64
binary for that test and instructions how to run it "standalone" ?

Martin