tech-misc archive

sqlite extensions

I realized today that the sqlite included in base has support for loadable
extensions[1] but, no extensions are built or included with NetBSD.

This makes me wonder:

1. Why enable this feature if no extensions are included[2]? Someone needing extensions could just use the sqlite from pkgsrc. Should this be disabled?

2. If it is desirable to leave this feature enabled, would anyone oppose
including an extension? In particular the File I/O functions[3].

Thanks,
Travis P

[1] https://www.sqlite.org/loadext.html
[2] https://grok.dragonflybsd.org/xref/netbsd/external/public-domain/sqlite/Makefile.inc#20