tech-misc archive

Re: How do you do ZFS legacy mounts on 7.0.0 ? -- Monday Afternoon Followup

Centuries ago, Nostradamus predicted that Greg Troxel would write on Tue Oct 13 08:39:06 2015:

> zfs has not been well-maintained in NetBSD.   It would be great if you
> were to dig in and help with getting it up to date, but I suspect that
> you are going to find a lot of rough edges.
>
> mounting seems to be done by 'zfs mount' and I don't see a mount_zfs on
> netbsd-6 either.

But "zfs mount", if I am not mistaken, cannot be used to mount a
filesystem with the mountpoint=legacy attribute; the mount command
must be used for that.

Are you saying that legacy filesystems cannot be mounted on NetBSD
systems?  That there is just no way to do it?  That seems bizarre and
implausible, can that truly be the case?  Has no one on this mailing
list figured out a way to mount a ZFS legacy filesystem on NetBSD?

                        Jay F. Shachter
                        6424 N Whipple St
                        Chicago IL  60645-4111
                                (1-773)7613784   landline
                                (1-410)9964737   GoogleVoice
                                jay%m5.chicago.il.us@localhost
                                http://m5.chicago.il.us

                        "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur"