tech-misc archive

Re: small proposed style change

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 11:28:00PM +0100, Marc Balmer wrote:
 > > The style rules should not be suggesting things that no longer
 > > constitute good practices, if they ever did. Any objections?
 >
 > yes.  Using extern declarations is fine.  They don't necessarly need to
 > go to a separate inlude file.

extern declarations of data should always be in header files so
they're shared between the uses and the definition. Otherwise nothing
prevents the definition from being inconsistent with the declaration
seen at the location of use.

And, I shouldn't need to explain this in 2012. :-p

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost