tech-misc archive

Re: Flagging pf

On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 08:50:58AM -0500, D'Arcy Cain wrote:
  | >(I see that rc.d ipfilter doesn't implement overrides either.)
  |
  | Think I modify that as well?  There is also npf but I think that
  | that is still under active development so I didn't want to touch
  | it but it would be nice if it worked too for ehen I switch.

It might be useful if someone needs ipf -T, for example.
(That's just me finding excuses for features, since I don't need it,
but I wouldn't object if others did).

  | By the way, the other thing missing in all of these is an include
  | facility.  That would have been a nice to have too.

Within the configuration file itself?  At that point, I'd argue
that a preprocessor or other external configuration builder
would be more flexible.

Luke.